Thursday, July 29, 2010

Atheist marriage with an Islamic woman? I'm 16, need future advice, please!?

First, let me saw the details.


3.9+ GPA. (Currently, I'm in the top 5% of my class in high school.)


My plans are to go to MIT or Princeton. (Which I am preparing a portfolio for.)


Major: Civil Engineering


Me %26amp; her are both 16.


She's in another country.


Theirs and my family want to have an arranged marriage planned. (Not now, of course. After college.)





Now...


My family and their family have an extremely long tradition of Islamic Culture, religion, etc. I love everything about it except the fact that I don't believe in the religion. Yes, how could you pretend to follow a religion? I fake my prayers, memorize parts of our Holy Book and do what they say.





Now, I'm not saying I hate the religion, but I hate having to fake a religion I don't believe in. It's tiring for me to pray over five times a day, listen to lectures and read the Quran which are mostly, but not always, a waste of my time. (No, these aren't the reasons why I want to break away from the religion)





So, the problem is...


In the Quaran, it states, that an Islamic woman cannot marry another man who is not a muslim. Seeing that, I'm not sure what to do and I'm afraid of talking to my family since I certainly do not wished to be lectured and be sent to the Mosque in order to convert me back.





Also, I don't want to break away from my family. I love them very much and the reason why I don't tell them I'm an atheist is simply my fears and the fact that my mother and father would be terribly depressed. I also fear that our family would break up, I'm not sure why. But, I don't want to take risks and have to follow a religion I don't believe for the rest of my life.





So, how do I approach this? Should I wait till I get older so they can understand my better? Or something else? I don't think I could tell them now since I'm too young for them to consider me as a wiser person.





Also, just in case, please don't try to convert me back. I'm merely trying to ask for some advice and don't wish to start a debate. Thank you.Atheist marriage with an Islamic woman? I'm 16, need future advice, please!?
Terrible situation. I'm so sorry to hear about this mess.





You don't mention your feelings for this girl. The fact that it's an arranged marriage is ominous, and I wonder if you really have to have this person in your life.





It would be very dire for you to miss out on the college, and since it will affect your future life I think you should do whatever it takes to get there. If that means you have to lie about your religious beliefs I think you really have to do so. The fact is, it's your family who are not going to behave rationally if they hear the truth - the fault is theirs, not yours.





If you get to MIT or Princeton and do well there, you may have the time to gently disconnect yourself from their religion, and at least you can relax when you're away from your family.





But if you're married to a highly religious woman it could be disastrous, and no fun for either of you. When you get to university you'll have plenty of options more suitable for you.





I guess there will be a battle at some stage, but you can't possibly permanently ruin your life with a lie just to keep them happy. You are what you are, and you've made the right decision to embrace reality.





Take it slowly; keep an eye on the long term; lie is you have to to spare others' feeling and avoid arguments. Above all, to thine own self be true.





Good luck.Atheist marriage with an Islamic woman? I'm 16, need future advice, please!?
I don't know what to tell you.








But do you mind coming back to R%26amp;S in about 2 years and telling us that you're still alive?
idk...is she hot?


Photos please?


Can't help without something to go on.
As Fog Horn Leg Horn would say ';smart kid but a little on the dumb side';
idk go talk to your family.
Since you are 16, I would advise that you do stay at home until you have reached the legal age to move out on your own. Doing that will also put you in the position to continue to study your faith as you were taught. You sound as if you have a great future ahead of you, don't throw it away for two short years. As far as the possible arranged marriage, that too needs to be put on the back burner. Your first goal is to meet the goal of success. It sounds as if it will only be accomplished if you have....patience
You should decide ';who is God'; before you decide to marry.





You can't grow up children while you haven't known who is God yet.





As an older person, I advice you to read more in Islam, so that you accept the true path, then everything 'll be okay.


.
A Muslim woman CANNOT marry a non-Muslim man.


Allah declared that.


Dont do something to make this Muslimah earn the anger of Allah.





And since you said not to convert you back, DON'T marry her.


I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just answering your question.
Any relationship brings its own problems, do not add more by marrying someone that do not share your faith (or lack of faith in your case).





If you love or at least care for her (you mention arranged marriage, and she living in another country so Im not sure if there is love involved here) you should told her and break out from this. And since the whole thing is arranged between the parents they must also be informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment