Sunday, July 25, 2010

I need some advice-how do I get back into dating after a long marriage? Not looking for just physical thing!?

I have tried internet dating site and got lots of replies but most either just disappear, never talk back when I reply--even something as simple as How are you? What do you like to do in your free time? What kinds of food do you like? etc. If they don't disappear, they come on very strong, want to meet right away and are very concerned with physical needs, shall we say? Aren't there any men who really want a relationship not just a quick physical thing? I am 48, by the way but most people say I look younger, around late 30's or early 40s(not bragging just really is what people say). I tend to attract (on the internet anyway) younger men (30's) or much older (65 %26amp; up)--very few from 45 to 50. I am not a clingy needy person, pretty independent, but do expect to be treated like a person not just body parts! Where I live, it seems women a lot uglier and meaner (b*-mean, if you know what I mean)seem to have no trouble getting bfs and hubbies (usually they meet at bars though) What gives?I need some advice-how do I get back into dating after a long marriage? Not looking for just physical thing!?
meeting people isn't always easy, but they say grocery stores are the best places, every one needs food,its open and your not going to feel out of place. if your a women always dress up, but not too dressy. take your time, its your new hunting grounds...there is always someone to chat with.believe me. i have bumped into a guys cart, on purpose and started up a conversation, it works if you are a good hunter. this is so silly, but true,a lot of guys hang out in grocery stores,also looking for a women, i have had the most fun in there. a man wanted to give me a penny on my bill one day, and we ended up chatting over coffee in the snack bar of the store. the best times i have had and also learning to overcome a long marrage ending is to think of fun......bars are not good, for sure.now church is a good place also, many have singles groupes, the main thing is to think of who you are at this moment in time. flea markets are fun also. they too have snack bars........but don't be afraid to just go out to open places, where you will feel safe. sometimes you just have to be brave,and talk to your self and know that this is now your new life, and your going to do it. you will also find a new you. i know cause i have been there. good luck and remember have fun, laugh often.I need some advice-how do I get back into dating after a long marriage? Not looking for just physical thing!?
I met my guy on Yahoo personals with the intention of finding a biking buddy. With that in common we found other interests as well. Let your intuition guide you. I too came out of a 24 yr, marriage and am also 48. If the guy seems like a player, then he is one. I found that out. Don't talk alot about your married life.


If you find yourself in a relationship, and you catch him in a lie- flee!!
I DONT THINK CLUBS ARE BARS ARE THE RIGHT PLACES MAYBE A COMEDY CLUB,KAROEKE,CHURCH, A RESTAURANT,ARE A FRIEND THAT KNOWS A FRIEND.BELIEVE ME I KNOW ITS HARS TO FIND THAT ESPECIALL HER IN DALLAS GOOD LUCK
I met my boyfriend of 2 years online. I had to go through all the riff raff also before I met my guy. I still don't like the idea of meeting people in bars. Just be patient. Take up a hobby like working out or something active and you can usually meet people that way.
OK coming from someone that had a long term marriage. This is what I say. I left my husband and stayed single for like 6 months and I thought I was ready for ';something new.'; But what I got was a new marriage that is worse then the 1st one.When the time is right ';love'; will sneak up and hit you in the head. Don't go looking for it. It is like that saying a watched pot never boils. Good luck in life!
try going out to a bar or if youre into country music dance halls are great. but people of all ages go to bars to hang out so you might have some luck there.





hope it turns out well!








im sorry to hear that.





maybe you could take a vacation! not somewhere too far, but if there is a larger city near by get a hotel in the tourist part of town and enjoy! take a friend with you so youre not alone, two guys together will seem more like single guys to a woman anyway, maybe if there is someone you meet in this city you can start something with them. and maybe you should even try moving. maybe staying in that town is just something that is getting really old for you and it could be drowning you out. maybe a change could be good for you.
Wanting to meet within the first week of chatting is a good thing. Just meet in a public restaurant and have dinner, coffee or chat. You take your car and let them meet you there. The purpose for the face to face meeting is men have a need for ';chemistry,';. They just want to see if it is there for both of you. Stay away from any conversations regarding sex. If they broach the subject, tell them you are not interesting is discussing that topic so early on. They should respect your decision. There are predators, so just watch the conversation. The age of the man is totally your decision. I dated a man that was 37, first for me and I am the same age you are. Actually, it is more mature than men our age and I rather enjoy his company.





I think you need better questions to ask them then the general ones you are asking. Ask question that will reveal more of their thought process and where they are heading, values, moral etc.
I am also the same age and been single 16 years,just don't have the right one ask me out,I tryed the internet thing and had a couple dates,now,I thought the same,give up on meeting a nice man,so,I joined American Singles a year ago just for the chat room fun...guess when not looking I was being myself and a lot smarter in judgement of my new friend I found ';character';,internet dating is great if you have no expectations and go into the chat rooms,you meet a lot of friends that way and even other girls your age or about!Best Of Luck,you know I took my grandaughter to 2 parks today and saw many nice looking men there,give that a try!best of waiting!!Took me almost 5 years to meet my man!and American Singles is where I found a great person!
This is really, really hard! With internet dating you have to kiss a LOT of frogs, and that can get to be a drag (it's almost like interviewing people for a job!) So i feel your pain!





As corny as it sounds, try joining a club. Sierra Club is a fantastic way to meet men -- churches, volunteer groups seem to be mostly women. no hard facts, but that's how it seems to me! I meet lots of great women-friends but not boyfriends.





Anyway... check out the Sierra Club chapter near your home. if you like the outdoors you will meet some nice guys that way.





If you live near water, take up sailing. I live in Chicago, and one of the harbors downtown gives sailing lessons -- lots of men, mostly 35-55.





Good luck!
I met my husband at work, but dating fellow coworkers is not for everyone. You get to know someone pretty well after you have worked together for a while. You might want to try and ask a good friend if they know somebody they work with, that is single and meets your criteria.





You know the single guys you meet in church won't treat you like body parts, if you are religious that is.





My friend used to get lots of phone numbers when she would take her dog to the park, fellow dog lovers are always a good choice.





I wish you the best of luck.
First off, start working out. 2-3 times a week. You need something to clear your head and lifting weights/treadmill is the best thing. I met my wife through frinds and, of all the women I've dated, this was always the best way. Let your good friends find somebody.
Join clubs or groups that are centered around your interests, i.e. yoga, bowling league, anywhere that singles get together.......
I am in the same boat, single again, I am getting my head together, spending some time on myself, loosing a little weight, and having massages, faciels and new clothes, and then I will grab my girlfriends and we will go and see some bands play, a great way to ease yourself back into the fold, see whats out there, but most of all have a great time, thats the most important thing, YOU. Treat yourself for a change as I am you will feel happier and sexier, and this will show when you are out on the town, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment