Thursday, July 29, 2010

This question is to Heidi,or any1 w/ advice: you answered another ? about resolving issues b4 marriage...?

You said you had to learn to manage anger/stress issues. I also have problems w/ anxiety/anger/panic attacks. I have alot of things in my life causing stress (husband walked out on me and my 2 boys after 15 yrs together, i'm unemployed and having the worst time finding a job, my youngest son has severe adhd...the list could go on). Anyway, can you guys give me advice on how to deal w/ these panic attacks/stress/anger/anxiety without medication. I'm on an anti-depressant, but I really don't want to add other meds. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!This question is to Heidi,or any1 w/ advice: you answered another ? about resolving issues b4 marriage...?
I would be questioning whether or not you're on the correct medication.





Have you checked in with you prescribing doctor at all? Have you told him/her how you've been feeling, and you you still have all these panic attacks, anger, and anxiety issues?





Obviously your current medication isn't working. Please speak with your doctor about this. If you have a chemical imbalance you may not be able to learn to manage these issues yourself without the aid of medication.This question is to Heidi,or any1 w/ advice: you answered another ? about resolving issues b4 marriage...?
geez, jumping out of a perfectly fine airplane would give me panic attacks, along with me sh*tting in my pants.
I don't know if you have tried these... but they helped my with panic attacks.





1- book ';Don't Panic'; talks a lot about breathing techniques from the belly (kicks in relaxation response)





2- walks. Get those endorphins going! Breathe. Enjoy rejuvinating nature. Still cold out there? Bundle up like crazy and do it!





3- yoga. I've been doing it for 8 years. Got me through deaths of dad, pets, vertigo (dizzy all the time) and other stressful events.





4- class. I took a class on ways to deal with anxiaty (depression) about 9 years ago. The one thing I always remember is to change your scene. Go somewhere when it gets bad. Make a list of things to do. Movie, walk, bowling, restaurant, ski, yoga, friends house etc...





Good luck! I know it's hard, but you CAN get through this.
i get anxiety and stressed out easily. if i get anxiety really bad i get to the point where i get naseau. i've learned where my stress/anxiety comes from and i learn how to either avoid the situation if possible or to calm myself during those situations. if you get so upset and stressed to the point of sick to your stomach with fighting with your husband, then stop the conversation go calm yourself to the point where you dont feel sick then pick back up the conversation. if your son gets too much to handle with his adhd see if there's a friend or family member that would mind coming over and watching him for a bit. you dont need medications to stop your stress/anxiety. you have to learn to pull yourself out of the situation. the situatioin will still be there. i've learned when fighting with my husband andi start getting anxious and really upset if i look at the ceiling and count to 10 it usually calms me down. try to see a therapist too. they really would help you. even if you just needed a place to get away and relax for an hour and you could talk to someone who wasnt judgemental and could help you see the light at the end of your problems.
  • eye creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment