Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am a christian and looking for christian advice/support. My husband and I are in our first year of marriage?

and it has came to his attention that he does not want to spend his life with me. We are not meant to be nor will we make eachother truely happy so he says. He has been depressed and struggling spiritually for as far as I can remember. He has been physical and verbally rough with me, but it was months ago. He has had suspicious relationships but I have no evidence of an affair. By his choice I have moved out, back to my mom and dad's, and he filed for divorce. There is no reason for it and I in no way want it. I know I have to stand back and just pray, as all things are in Gods hands anyway. I just am having a hard time trusting seeing how I have no idea what really caused this other than ';not having much in common'; schpeel. I am only 21 and I know what the bible says about re-marrying. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life while he is off re-marrying and never considering God's will in this. Any advice? What should I do? Can people pray for me? Any scriptures come to mind?I am a christian and looking for christian advice/support. My husband and I are in our first year of marriage?
God has a plan, fear not, stay true to your self and be thankful that you still have hope. I will say a prayer for you, and i hope that you find peace while amidst the stormI am a christian and looking for christian advice/support. My husband and I are in our first year of marriage?
I think the best thing you can do would be to contest the divorce and consult with a lawyer. Yes, everthing may be in Gods hands, but sometimes he helps through the systems that are already in place. Make sure that everyone knows that you have no idea why he's divorcing you.





Also, since you mentioned he's been having a crisis of faith--tell him you want to see a counselor. Either your pastor/priest or a professional marriage counselors. Sometimes, the court will even go ';Um, you didn't even try. Do counseling first, and we'll see';.





Go ahead and keep praying, but don't just sit back and let him leave you. Also, you need to realize that he may just be having serious issues that are causing him to pull away from everyone, not just you.





I hope that helped.
Under these circumstances, you certainly can remarry. Infidelity, in any form, is sufficient for divorce. Also, a true christian would not behave like your husband has behaved. The fact that he is struggling spiritually raises the question of whether or not he is truly in Christ. This, however, is something he has to deal with. Understand that God's laws apply to those of us who are truly in Christ, not to those who are not.





Let this man go, if he doesn't want to be married to you. Hopefully, there are no children involved and you can go on with your life, with no further ties to him. It is understandable that you are hurt, but you must recognize the wisdom of a man who finds the courage to end the marriage. Clearly, something is going on in his life that does not allow him to continue with you. Whatever his reasons, respect him for releasing you and allowing you the opportunity to find happiness. Don't worry about who he re-marries. Simply appreciate the man's courage and move on. God's blessings will be with you.
I am sorry to hear about this. All I can tell you at this point is that God works in strange ways sometimes. The road He leads us on is not always straight and smooth. Sometimes it is bumpy and curvy. But you eventually get to the destination He wants you for you. When you are there, your journey will make sense to you. Be glad that you have no children who are a part of this divorce and that you were only married for 1 year. Be glad that you are getting away from this guy NOW - it sounds like he is not the one for you anyway.
I'm sorry I cannot offer Christian advise, I mean this with the greatest respect, you could try posting this same question in religion and spirituality, there seems to be a lot of Christians there and they may well be able to offer you some scriptural support.
In this situation, you need to do what feels right - rather than what a book says you should do. Your belief system is important but you cannot make this man love you. Staying together because the bible says you should not divorce is the worst mistake you can make. God loves everyone. God forgives everyone if they ask for forgiveness. Trust in yourself and your family, everything else will fall into place.





You will be a better member of your church and society if you are happy - not because you read the bible. I consider myself a spiritual being, not a religious being so I do not know any scriptures. But something tells me that if you look deep within yourself, you will find the guidance you need.





One more thing, consider yourself lucky that this is happening now - rather than after 3 children and a mortgage. You will find your soul mate.
I don't think God wants us to be unhappy. Your husband has not been good to you as is commanded in the Scriptures. He needs serious therapy from a counselor or minister. The Bible commands husbands to love their wives and treat them with respect. It commands husbands to be faithful. You should not have to put up with verbal or physical abuse from this man who does not love you. Divorce him and move on. My aunt, who is a devout Christian, had a husband similar to yours and after verbal, physical abuse, and infidelity she divorced him and met the most wonderful Christian man and they were married 38 years until his death last year. Get out of this trap and ask God to lead you to the right person. You are unequally yoked to this non Christian and you need to be with a Christian man. My prayers and best wishes.
Thing is he is divorcing you - not you divorcing him so you are innocent. Also if he remarries or has a relationship - according to the bible your (former) marriage to him will have ended in divorce and him having another relationship (sexual immorality) then you are free to remarry so don't worry about being alone.
He cannot hold YOU accountable for his happiness, nor can you make him hold on to his faith. That has to come from within him. You had something in common, a love at one time that brought him to asking you to marry him. His views of marriage and happiness are immature and self centered.





Now, people who do not share your belief will not understand your view, maybe even tell you that you do not have to follow any words in some 'book'. But, that's their opinion. Stay true to yourself and your faith. This may not be the best place for support for you.





If he leaves you and moves on to another relationship, then you have every right to then remarry. It was him that broke the marriage vows. He will have to live with that and be held accountable some day. As the 'adulterer' he would be the one without the right to remarry, NOT you. I base that statement on the following:





Luke 16:18


I Cor 7:10-15


Matt 5: 27-31


Matt 19:4-9


Mark 10: 1-12


Luke 16:18





God didn't lead him to this choice, it was his own and against God's word on a man's responsibilities in marriage. God does not allow us any temptation without a way of escape. He didn't choose to seek help or other choices.


1 Cor 10:13





You can pray for him and try to set an example, but if he continues, it is out of your control. Don't let him drag you down with him. You have the right to divorce and remarry if he commits adultery. If he remarries without the right to do so, then he becomes the 'adulterer'.





Not here for a Biblical debate, just giving the scriptures. Come to your own conclusion. Study the Bible's word, not man's words.





I hope you have a good support system. This is a terrible time. Take care of yourself and do not look for your husband to give you happiness, as he is to weak at this point.
Hello, I am 22 and have only been married for 1 year and 5 months. My husband and I are both Christians and he has been acting like a non believer in some of the things he's been doing. You are not the one in sin as the Bible states, and I'm not quoting word from word: But the circumstances are if there has been adultery commited, or the unbeliever wants to leave, right now he's acting like an unbeliever, let him go, you will not be in sin if you re-marry later on in life. God will work out evereything for the good.
Not your fault - except you picked a poser. He can effectively hide his feelings from you. And he does so. And he is with other women while he is married. He is a mild sociopath - no true guilt, and concerned only with himself. He is flawed in ways that will always lead to him cheating.





Thank whichever god you worship you got out now.





There are lots of nice guys out there - but focus on character as defined by actions first NOT WORDS which women love to hear next time, not all the religious mumbo-jumbo since a lot of hypocrites talk the biggest religious talk.
Will you christian people stop taking the bible literally. It was a book of stories and lessons. Some of it based on fact but most of it was fiction. I am sorry but revolving your whole life around the bible is retarded. People should do what makes them happy. Nothing is G-D's will....he doesn't care if you break up or not. He has a lot more things on his mind then your marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment