Sunday, July 25, 2010

Marriage in a pickle - need advice?

Hi - I am 38 and my wife is 35. Married for 6 years, have a 18 month old...my wife slid into depression during her pregnancy and had a raging temper both during pregnancy and a year thereafter. she was never bad to the fetus and she is not mean to our baby - she snarls at everything and wants everyone to obey her. I will save more details, but I have endured 18 months of temper and am not ready to do it any more - not with a kid in the front row watching a shabby marriage





I want to live separately and go to marriage counseling so we can both see what is happening from a distance and not screw up our son's play time.





I am afraid that if I move out, it will be construed as my having less interest in my child - which could not be further from the truth. Given our arguments, anything short of a legal mandate to give me time with my son will not work since I am certain my wife will try to monopolize. How do I keep interacting with my child, live separately and not lose my little one?Marriage in a pickle - need advice?
Has your wife gone to the Dr.? She may be suffering from post partum depression...that would explain her depression and raging temper....Don't move out just yet....you need to find why your wife is depressed...Don't give up so easy....Marriage in a pickle - need advice?
I am not sure about this, but maybe legal separation. If it is done through the court, maybe they can mandate visitations with your son. Contact an attorney and find out!
I don't think that separation will solve this problem. With the proper help, it can be fixed. Is she going to see a therapist, or on medication? She sounds like she has serious post-partum issues. There is help for her if she'll get it. I hope you will hang in there with her while she gets help, for the sake of your son.

No comments:

Post a Comment