Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need advice. My b/f and I have children from prior marriages. I have dinner with his child but he doesn't ?

come over to have dinner with my children. There is always an excuse. I also invited my best friend to dinner tonight. Now my children are older between 16 and 23 so they aren't tiny kids running around misbehaving. What should I do about these two and their excuses not to join us at my home for a nice dinner. I am a wonderful cook so my cooking is not the problem.I need advice. My b/f and I have children from prior marriages. I have dinner with his child but he doesn't ?
Next time he invites you over for dinner, just bring your kids along or have him schedule the next dinner and let him know your taking your kids with you. If you've been together 2 years then what's the hold up? If he has an excuse each time you have dinner plans with your children then somethings up. Is your bf young? Perhaps he feels intimidated by your kids since your eldest is 23. I need advice. My b/f and I have children from prior marriages. I have dinner with his child but he doesn't ?
maybe next time he is all gung ho for you to spend time with HIS kids you can be busy etc, sounds like dad is not quite as eager to play happy families on your side of things.......
I'm sorry, but find another boyfriend. If this is not working now, think of who you are going to have to choose after the marriage. Choosing between children and the man is going to do nothing but give you sorrow.
sounds like he wants to have control of the relationship and he feels it will be lost by coming and meeting your kids. Also maybe he isn't sure how serious the relationship will be so he doesn't want to get to know your kids until he is sure it is going to last. Finally maybe you think you are a good cook but you really are terrible.
If he loves you, he needs to learn to love your kids. If he can't bring himself to spend time with them now, while you're dating and he's presumably on his best behavior, that's not going to change if the relationship progresses further.





You need to tell him that his reluctance to spend time with your children and accept them into his life is a serious concern for you. If he has some problem with your kids that he hasn't told you about, he needs to get that off his chest so it can be addressed. You also need to make it absolutely clear to him that his habit of continually putting distance between himself and your kids is a deal-breaker as far as your relationship with him is concerned. Otherwise he's going to think what he's doing is OK, and will be blindsided when you break it off.
wow its hard for a relationship to run smooth when there are kids on both sides still at home, just sit every one down and have a long talk
maybe its just taking him a little bit longer to adjust to the situation than it takes you. give him some time, if he continues this behavior then it is probably a problem for him.
That is really strange. Ask them straight up. That's what I would do.
that is tough I wouldn't push it, just hope that one day it will get better
probably scared........he is probably not ready :) that's what i'd think
Of course your cooking is not a problem. There is something more than his excuses, dear. He is not yet ready to meet with your kids because they are already at the age wherein they could very well manage to assess your situation with him in all aspects. Kids are more sensitive than their parents when it comes to family issues. They would not miss one detail.





I do not like to sound negative but I could sense fear in your bf. I could sense that he is not yet ready to bond with your kids for reasons that only him knows. You and I do not know what he thinks. Have you assessed his commitment to you? Men who are willing to commit will do all means to connect and meet with all the family members of his beloved.





I suggest that you schedule a dinner date with him in private. Not inside your house but outside where he could talk freely and not hide how he feels. Open up and listen to his side. You will be the only one who could say if he is sincere in his explanation or not.





I hope it works. Everything can be arranged through polite and balanced communication. Good luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment