Sunday, July 25, 2010

Do second marriages work?...need sincere advice if possible from personal experience?

back ground to this question is in last question...(http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvlUX37RX08NYsn1ZfVxBwbsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090912145059AAMG9rX)


i have gone thru the entire cycle of falling in love , getting married ..marriage going haywire...and everything hitting the rocks...well now standing at cross roads of life..and it seems like i am at a start point of the same cycle if i go ahead with the love relationship that i am presently living in...planning to give love and life another chance and starting afresh .... wanna make it work no matter wat it takes ...this is my only hope at happiness and a complete life...im scared and apprehensive..wat if it fails like last time...i will be devastated..its a big gamble and a lot is at stake..need ur sincere advice ...my entire life depends on itDo second marriages work?...need sincere advice if possible from personal experience?
Maybe I'm a tad bit cynical or in experienced in this matter, however, you shouldn't make it such a dyer situation. The truth of the matter is people fall into and out of love all the time. It's hard to say that just b/c you love someone right now in 20 years you'll both evolve and change at the same rate and still be in love. You might not love the person they become.





There is no golden answer, some people go on to 3rd and 4th marriages. Everything in life is a gamble, and it's hard to gamble with your heart, because the pain seems so much worse than an actually injury, however, if you don't gamble do you really want to be 60 and still wondering what would have happened. Wouldn't you rather know what happens?





Your heart already knows the answer to this question. You need to listen to it, and reason it out with your brain before you make a leap.Do second marriages work?...need sincere advice if possible from personal experience?
why the hell do men keep needing to get married today? the society has basically now made a joke out of marriage, and people are just not built for marriage anymore. We have a throw away mentality, a need for instant gratification, and the introduction of all things electronic and technological have made living alone much more desirable, freedom is becoming the in thing. If you dont beleive me, then why are you asking about a SECOND marriage??
it just depends on the person.Ask yourself this,why did the first marriage not work? Was it due to your previous spouse being unfaithful?If it was then I believe your second marriage can work.But if it was due to a bunch of arguments and disagreements then you should examine yourself a see what you should change about yourself.Marriage is a give and take situation.Also I would pray to God to help you make the right decision.this always works for me.This is just an opinion take it or leave it.Hope everything works out
My first marriage was from 1988 to 1992. We were young and she cheated and got pregnant by someone else. I have been married for 16 years to my second wife, and all in all it has been great. What I learned from the first is to be brutally honest about everything whether it hurts or not. I learned to really compromise, marriage is what you put in it. Go for it and good luck.
there are no guarantees in life, ya know?





if you think you will never recover from another failed marriage, you're really saying that the risk is higher than the reward.





OTOH, if you're willing to accept that nothing is guaranteed and believe you can survive another failure, then it sounds like a go.
it depends on the person and the level of commitment. I know some people whose second marriages have been as bad as the first, and i've known others that had a successful second or third marriage.
You need two to make a relation work, he must be thinking thesame as you.
Your not alone on this! I always think about a 2nd marriage wife too! I would like to be fully happy too, but then again there is no such thing as a perfect marriage [there will always be something lacking] and this is what holds me back. There is always going to be a fight, a disagreement, stress, frustrations and headaches of getting along with the opposite sex. I am afraid too, that my possible 2nd marriage wife will turn out to be worse than 1st marriage wife and then what? Its like, before I go out that front door, #1 I have already made a mistake by getting married in the first place and have kiddos, #2 I am going to make another huge mistake by leaving. #3 I probably make another royal mistake by marrying wife #2.


My point is there are many factors and variables to play around with in a serious man and woman relationship.


But I think what really comforts and soothes me a bit out of all of this, is that, some where out there there is ANOTHER WOMAN, that finds me interesting and curiosity for who and what I am and she completely understand this! Its hard to be a loving, hardworking husband, a loving father for the kiddos, a great best friend and a hot sex lover.


Could there be another woman, that loves me a billion times more than my 1st marriage wife??


Would I stand up to her expectations??


Can I make her more happier or be far better than her 1st marriage husband?
Roger, You really have to figure out what went wrong with the last marriage. We tend to blame the other person, all people do this.. In what way did you contribute to the mistake? I married a handsome man when I was young. My family felt that we came from such different backgrounds that it was not to work and tried very hard to help me not make a mistake. I made that mistake. I married again to another exciting fun man who was good looking and had a great job. I had warnings from friends that he drank too much but I could not see that this was a huge problem because he had a wonderful job and I could not believe that anyone with a job like this could be in trouble with drinking. WRONG and it didn't take long for me to find out. Today I can see how my stinking thinking got me in trouble. I live alone and I am happy but I still look at people who have been together for many years and wish i could have done it right. My first began to bet heavy on horses in our forth year and that was it for me. (just like his father) and the drinking problem led to no end of heartache..These seem to be the reason we broke up BUT If I was more aware the like father like son low class life and the drinking warnings should have told me DANGER and I was too needy to be loved that I walked right in in spite of everything so I guess I am as much to blame as anyone for the failure of my marriages. We contribute to the failure as much as they do and I went on and made another mistake before I was old enough to see it the way it was. Good luck to you.
If you truly want it to work, I would get some counseling. I would put God first because with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26) .


Also be honest with yourself and see what you did wrong in your first marriage. See what you have to do to correct it. I'm not saying it's your fault, because I have failed in my 1st marriage as well which proves that I am not perfect. But I'm seeing where I went wrong in my 1st marriage and am correcting my mistakes. You can get some books about marriage at your local Cristian book store I hope this helped and I wish you the best on your 2nd marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment