Thursday, July 29, 2010

Marriage Advice...?!?

Okay, My husband %26amp; I decided to move back in with his parents to pay off some bills %26amp; save some money. We moved into the basement, which is partially done*one room* and the rest he is working on. We knew it would be stressful, considering we have 3 boys under the age of 4, but our marriage is suffering big time. We are constantly arguing %26amp; he is acting so different now that we've moved in. It's almost like he's reverted back into his teenage years %26amp; all he wants to do is hang out with his brother %26amp; do errands that his dad tells him to do*like mow the lawn* I love his family %26amp; not irritated with them, just with my husband. He keeps saying I want too much attention, but I don't think that is the case. I don't want attention, I NEED help with the kids! Whenever we fight, he just walks away from me without finishing the argument because he knows I won't make a big scene in front of his family. Now he refuses to even talk to me because he keeps putting the blame on me that I agreed to move in %26amp; that I complain too much, but I'm just really stressed because we are living in an UNFINISHED basement in ONE ROOM %26amp; we haven't been unable to unpack since we moved in because of no room. It's been 3 months %26amp; I've already suggested we move into an apartment, but he keeps saying I haven't given it a chance. Do you think I am being unreasonable or is my husband just being childish?Marriage Advice...?!?
lots of bad advice here given to you....except for Genuine.....hey I'm married with kids too and cannot imagine moving back in with my parents or my husbands' parents! Maybe you guys didn't think the whole situation through before you moved in, but yes, definately, it's obvious it's not working. I totally disagree that you should give it more time! BAD BAD BAD IDEA!!!! YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THERE. it will NOT get better!!!!!!





You deserve more help. He's not treating you like a partner. I know that when I go visit my parents I tend to act like a kid again, not like the adult I am. I think that's what's happening to your husband. Maybe he's expecting his mother to co-parent?! I don't know.





I agree you should move out with or without him, as scary as that sounds. Maybe you guys can get Grandma to watch the kids for a couple of hours and go out together, get a nice cheap dinner/drinks and re-connect, make some solid plans, get on the same page.





Having financial problems is the worst, and it's super hard on husbands. He needs to man up and take care of you and the kids emotionally as well. You sound very level-headed to me and mature.





Good luck sweetie.Marriage Advice...?!?
Tell him you are moving out at the end of the month, with or without him.
Just give it a little more time so that he can save. You don't want to move out then have to move right back in.
No, you are not being unreasonable.


Ask his parents for advice.
The lack of space and have the kids and his family around has put pressure on your marriage. Things you could do


* Sit down and talk to him, like your planning your lives together to get through this difficult time


* If he dosent listen, dont feel shy or bad to talk to his parents about what your going through


* Give him a list of things to do everyweek esp around the kids, get him involved and tell him that the kids depend on BOTH their parents


*Make a budget and set a time frame as to when you will be moving out and stick to your budget so you wont have to live in anyones basement anymore


* Make some fun/romantic couple time (he is probably going through the stress too but showing it in a different way)





Good luck...things will get better, what ever you ask, ask in a happy, pleasant way and your hubby will do it, men want to be treated with respect (and even though we do, they dont appreciate it but for now you get the help you need from him)
He is being childish, remind him of the fact that he has 3 kids, in fact you know what? You know what he is trying to do? He knows you won't make a scene in front of his family so he is taking advantage of that. Here is what you should do: get a job, take a class do something that will take you out of the house, after you have done that tell him that you are going to be out of the house during this time and hence cannot take care of the kids. (say this part in front of his family)


After you tell him this 2 things can occur: He gets the lesson and takes care of the kids and your problem is solved, second is that he ignores them and gives them to his parents, then you officially know your marriage has no chance.





Oh and you know what you need to improve on: Stop being a pushover, he is taking advantage of you. Don't be scared to make a scene, make big scene. This guy needs to learn to take responsibility this is not his teenage years, you are not his kid's nanny and you need to stop enabling this guy.
poor children! i have been always wondering - why poor people always have lots of children? because u do not have money for birth control? so have u ever heard of abstinence? i have no compassion for u or your husband, but those poor children - crawling in unfinished basement. do u know how damaging it is for them? and u arguing with your loser all the time? u either give your kids for adoption to some mentally normal and wealthy people who can provide normal life style for them or pull yourself together and do smth that your kids have normal life.
he is being childish. and he don't have respect


for you. its really hard to live with family even


if its just for a little while. it just don't work. there


is all ways going to be a problem. two family's


just cant live to gather. and on top of all that your


in a basement apartment with children. and know


where to put your things. and he is acting the way


he is. that's really hard and you have ever wright


in the world to be mad.
  • eye creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment